Westwood/Dedham DUI Lawyer
At the Dedham/Westwood, Massachusetts, Law Office of Philip L. Arnel, we aggressively defend individuals who have been arrested or charged for driving under the influence in Dedham/Westwood and surrounding communities. As an experienced Massachusetts drunk driving defense law firm, we understand the importance of preserving one’s record and driving privileges.
Contact a Massachusetts drunk driving defense attorney today for a free initial consultation.
Success Through Relentless Perseverance
Our office has comprehensive knowledge of Melanie’s Law, other drunk driving offense laws, and the strict penalties for drunk driving and Breathalyzer refusal. We analyze evidence, challenge Breathalyzers, strategize defenses and thoroughly prepare for meetings with the prosecution to discuss the charges. We have achieved a 98 percent success rate in effectively resolving drunk driving charges in Massachusetts. Examples of our thorough and zealous approach to drunk driving defense include:
- Review the calibration and maintenance records of the Breathalyzer. It is false that these machines are infallible. A Breathalyzer is a machine and machines do not always work properly.
- File motions to suppress evidence which may result in case dismissal.
- Re-test blood alcohol content (BAC) by a private lab to question accuracy.
- Hire an expert scientific analyst to determine if the driver’s blood alcohol concentration was actually less than the .08 percent legal limit at the time of driving.
- Photograph the scene of the arrest to evaluate road conditions, and the ground levelness when the driver performed the field sobriety tests.
- Cross-examine the police officer to expose mistakes and inaccuracies in the gathering of evidence.
The OUI, DWI And DUI Difference
Some jurisdictions refer to drunk driving offenses by different terminology. However, essentially the charges and the defense strategies remain constant.
- OUI — Operating under the influence
- DWI — Driving while intoxicated
- DUI — Driving under the influence
Contact An Experienced Stoughton Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
Because our firm is relentless in defending clients, we have effectively achieved reduced sentences, reduced charges, preservation of driver’s licenses and dismissed charges for our clients. Contact a Massachusetts drunk driving lawyer today for a free initial consultation. For additional information, please see our drunk driving FAQ.